Lake Ontario Fishing Expo Follow Up

LOTSA would like to thank everyone that came out to our first Lake Ontario Fishing Expo and supported both the club and the pen rearing. We raised $1890 for the pen rearing projects through 378 door admissions.

We’d like to thank the following People:

Bob Stevens,

Vince Pierleoni ,

Mike Wilkinson of the NYS DEC,

Ernie Lantiegne and

Frank Campbell for their excellent and informative presentations.

Our Caterer for the great food and reasonable prices.

All of our Table Participants for bring lots of good stuff, both new and used, for us to buy

We’d also like to thank the following Manufacturers for their generous donations of door prizes:

NK,

A-Tom-Mik,

Dreamweaver,

Yeck,

Slide Diver,

Power Pro and

Jitter Fly

We plan on doing it again next year and hopefully it’ll be even better.

Thanks again Everyone

somehow with all the sales and seminars i forgot this was a fundraiser for the penrearing project .if i may be so normal for once and suggest that you have a display of photos of penrearing activities,ie;assembly;stocking of pens feeding of the little ones,releasing of the little ones and results of how much penrearing has helped ,along with a couple photos of successful fisherpersons specially kids ,and place a donationations jar there you could have riased much much more jing for the fishies .now i know this would take lots of time to assemble BUT if someone one this site or the lotsa board has a child who need a great idea for a SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT for school they could do all the legwork and even show up next year to represent there work at the expo.a lot of there info and photos could be obtained from this site and its fishing hungry members. THANK YOU for helping me obtain in the words of George Carlin ''''''MORE STUFF'''''

weeeeeeelllllllllll exccccccccccccccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssseeeeeeeeeee me ,i bailed just before that one 3 hr drive,guess i should of stayed ,for some one like myself with such a vast knowladge of everything(except spelling)i would benafite very little from the DEC talk but a reminder in the expo would of got me to open my wallet one more time,lets just say i withdrew 500.00 bucks the day before just in case i saw a item or two i needed and came home with less than 150.00 ouch now thats some stuff

Yankee, how the heck did I not notice you, if you sat in on the DEC presentation? There were maybe 30 people sitting in on that one. Would have introduced myself if I recognized you. Anyways, have to agree that it was worth sitting in on. The DEC pretty well comfirmed that numbers for kings for this years stocking will be down from what they thought just a few weeks ago. I think they mentioned app 900,000 if memory serves me right?

somehow with all the sales and seminars i forgot this was a fundraiser for the penrearing project .if i may be so normal for once and suggest that you have a display of photos of penrearing activities,ie;assembly;stocking of pens feeding of the little ones,releasing of the little ones and results of how much penrearing has helped ,along with a couple photos of successful fisherpersons specially kids ,and place a donationations jar there you could have riased much much more jing for the fishies .now i know this would take lots of time to assemble BUT if someone one this site or the lotsa board has a child who need a great idea for a SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT for school they could do all the legwork and even show up next year to represent there work at the expo.a lot of there info and photos could be obtained from this site and its fishing hungry members. THANK YOU for helping me obtain in the words of George Carlin ''''''MORE STUFF'''''

Ray,

at the LOTSA table just inside the door (in between the DEC Table and the Newfane Tourism Table) we had a video playing all day showing the pen project activities, putting the pens in at Olcott, the DEC Hatchery Truck pumping the babies into the pens, underwater camera footage of the babies in the pens and all that. For our own project, This coming year will be the first run of matures back to Olcott, so hopefully lots of successfull pics will be forthcoming. Oh yeah, there was a donation jar on the table in front of the video display :D :shock: :o:lol:

Tim

Tim

Thanks again to you and the gang at L.O.T.S.A. for holding a great event!! I appreciated the seminars from all the knowledgable captains and guy from the DEC. So much information was given out from such a bunch of great guys! It was also nice getting my hands on some fishing equipment and talking fish stories it really got the gears turnin for this season. It was fun to meet a bunch of LOU people and various captains/sponsors putting names with faces etc. For all that did not make this even, pencil it in for next year!!

Tim B

I will definatly let you know about the Autopilot once I get the boat back home and in the driveway in a few weeks.

Ray

What did you end up walking out of there with? Do any of the items keep Fishinman awake and help to reduce his chum line?

Thanks again guys for a great event!!

Come ohn spring!!

Jax

Tom, thanks..are you givinging a seminar at the hamburg cabelas,woops thats a town name ,not a gourmay food. Jax i checked my reciepts and noticed i paid my and jasons bar tab guess i only spent 50.00 bucks at the event.no to the sleepy head stuff but i do have a burger king crown in my possesion should he go nappy again,as far as the chum line i think it helps the fishing,and there ant nothing better than watching your buddies toss there cookies(hotdogs)we even take side bets as to the projection distance with each new visit to the chum platform,as we eat our delux sandwitches he made for us earlier ,and wash er down with a frosty beverage.and hes kinda cute after hanging over the side and takes full force of a wave in his face and turns to ask for a paper towel. gosh i love those special moments with friends...........he he.

Man you throw up one time in 23 years of fishing on the lake and it won't go away :shock: :x ;):lol: . Maybe next time I'll stay at the shack, try to get more than the 2 hrs sleep I had and you can run 2 less poles and I do believe I landed the biggest fish of the 2 days while so tired and sick that I could hardly stand.

Plus I had some JOY taking care of me :D:D:D:D:D:D