Hungry Little Guy

fish-on

Yeah, The reason why they piled the apples up is because it was tearing the hell out of their apple trees, now he's further away from the house too,  No! he won't be hunted.  He's been there for 3 years now,  He'll go for the winter and come back next fall.

I think I would be trying some of the hottest tobasco sauce I could find on those apples. As long as he has a viable and predictable food source he will keep coming back and therein lies the potential danger to people or domestic animals (they become more bold). Most black bears are skiddish by nature around humans but not all and certainly not in all circumstances (e.g. advanced hunger state or with cubs or if "cornered" or blocked from getting their food). If it were me I'd round up all the apples from the tree (s) and remove them and then spray a few saved with the hot sauce and place them far away from the house and next year place a few with the hot sauce distant from the house...their sense of smell is excellent and I think if they believe they are "contaminated" they may start staying away and look for another food source....just an idea...