Seneca 11/29

Looking at the weather for the weekend was looking like yesterday would be the best chance on the lake so deiced the boat Thursday evening and loaded up the gear had a crew of 4 on board we where fishing right around 7 and as I was setting rods we had a hook up on a rigger on a flt tackle uv sea sick but with a green ladder back on it lost that fish continued to set gear working on getting the coppers in and we double rigger and 5 color core the core had a uv blue alewife and the rigger had a new spoon on it only second trip with it but it has been crushing the salmon for me but would prove to change species today up came a 5lbs laker from 62 down was a first fish for miss Allyson so good start!! Well the 5mph wind forecasted lasted about 10 min then the wind started picking up, finding new fisherman or women in her case that is willing to fish on the boat this time of year can be rough but she put up with the snow and the wind was a real trooper well we picked at the fish one here one their defiantly not the same spot I had a few weeks ago well had to drop ally off at the dock at 9.30 so started to head that way and ended the first part of the morning with a nice 7 fish flurry landing her a nice 3lbs salmon beautiful 2lbs bow and another 3lbs brown not bad for her first morning out and getting the slam!!! Well dropped her off thawed a couple of the reels out and back out we went the action was fast for about a hour with a lot of hook ups but not very many landed the flt kos paddle with a white halo fly behind it was doing it job on both the mag dipsy out 155 and also the rigger parked a 69 but the heavy action came and went trolled north of Watkins a few miles with a slow pick of fish turned and fished back to the ramp!! I dropped a Atlantic at the back of the boat that I sure would have liked to get a picture of but that's my fault my net was frozen and could not get it to extend and as they normally do all hell broke lose at the back of the boat under the rigger under the dipsy back across just could not get it to settle down for one second but lots more to get!!! For some reason I still can't post pics on the site had some good ones to add and can't!! Well back to watching the weather and decide when the next trip will be! Happy holidays to all as well safe travels home!!!

I was thinking tomarrow (sunday) was gonna be my best change gonna try to take the boat out late morning how was the launch did you go to clute? and how are the roads in watkins i come from the north end and wont tow if the roads are not clean.  dont wanna dig out the waders to stream fish as they dont fit real well anymore.  If i go i'll post how the fishing is.

Have to hand it to ya Joe....you're "hardcore for sure :)  I once crunched my way through the ice on the Seneca canal at the north end out to the lake in a blinding snow storm (Barrett's was the only place possible to launch) The folks at the marina thought I was totally bonkers in my little13 ft. whaler in the middle of January but when I returned after less than an hour with my limit they weren't quite so sure. :lol:  Nothing like winter fishing......sure wish I had kept that little boat for the winter stuff.....WTG Joe!

The canal has ice I used the village marina launch ramp and it was fine all roads from the south are also fine at least! And thanks les yeah I did the same thing last year with my little boat just I had a buddy with a 2x4 in the front to break it up!! And yes I am very determined when it comes to my fishing I went to the creek this morning got 10 bows biggest being about 23" and as I write this post I am in the woods waiting on some more deer non stop action

• 2 weeks later...