Hot fishing now

jimski2

Nice!  Thanks for sharing. Wish I lived close enough to make a fall trip there.

How about Dunkirk, we had everything set up for there this year, but I guess we are going to Canada, I wanted to try Dunkirk for years, we always went to the western basin, lots of fish but you think Ontario is bad for unpredicted weather the western part of Erie is worse I guess with the shallow waters, a good days blow and yer done for a few days as it turns to chocolate milk and the walleyes wont bite unless you find clear water and fish the clean/dirty water line, I was out 5 miles one time and couldn't find a break, to much time lost if you only have a week, so set a week up in Dunkirk but didn't put any $$ down. they won't take reservations till after the new year. But like I mentioned we going to Canada this year in July which is when we were going to do the Dunkirk trip.

How about Dunkirk, we had everything set up for there this year, but I guess we are going to Canada, I wanted to try Dunkirk for years, we always went to the western basin, lots of fish but you think Ontario is bad for unpredicted weather the western part of Erie is worse I guess with the shallow waters, a good days blow and yer done for a few days as it turns to chocolate milk and the walleyes wont bite unless you find clear water and fish the clean/dirty water line, I was out 5 miles one time and couldn't find a break, to much time lost if you only have a week, so set a week up in Dunkirk but didn't put any $$ down. they won't take reservations till after the new year. But like I mentioned we going to Canada this year in July which is when we were going to do the Dunkirk trip.

I was always under the impression that the Eastern Basin paled compared to the Western for early season and late season walleye fishing.  I know the PA waters of Erie pretty much go dead for walleye after mid-September.  From May till September, I fish Ontario exclusively.