Keuka 12/8

Tg8

post-152733-13865482668314_thumb.jpgpost-152733-13865482778475_thumb.jpgpost-152733-13865482874983_thumb.jpg

Had another great day at keuka. 26 total, 1130-3. Had 4 good keuka lakers 6-8lbers all on the 80gram flatfall jig, pictured with the unfortunate eye from a laker who is now a pirate. I wish I landed that one, it must have been pretty big judging by the size of his eye. They hit hard from 1130-2 then slowed quite abit. They were on points again. The one shot of the fish finder was a humble one, many other instances the graph was loaded. They surprised me again with their interest in the 80 gram boat anchor. My buddy was with me caught a ton, he stuck to the typical jig with soft plastics, and he threw a kastmaster. It was noticeable how the big ones chose the erratic presentation of the large butterfly jig.

This shimano flatfall jig is a blue sardine and the package instructions have you tieoff on the traditional end, opposite of the hooks. I have found i have more consistent hook sets this way and will be trying moving the tie off on one of my xps freestyle jigs I use to see if that improves as well.

Keuka freezes most years at the north end (Penn Yan end) and hence ice fishing :) . The length of the ice shelf heading south is mainly determined by the depth and duration of the cold temp and a lack of significant wind from southerly directlions. Often the Branchport arm near the state launch is open water but it is always a question mark whether the road is plowed.,.