Wellcraft Coastal 252

Starting to look around a bit for a A-Lure-A II.  The Wellcraft Coastal 252 looks like it would make a mean LO fishing boat with just enough emenities to be family friendly. Anybody have any experience with this boat or know where I may be able to see one in person?

http://www.wellcraft.com/index.php/COASTAL/252%20COASTAL

Thanks in advance,

D

I have an 89 Coastal walk around that will be going up for sale this spring.

I bought a 262 Penn Yan to run my business out of.

To answer your question Wellcraft Coastals were a quality built boat that handles rough water great.

Wellcraft went down the tubes during the height of the recession in 09.

I loved the boat and was great for fun fishing with three or 4 guys and the wife and I have spent many over nights in the large cabin.

Also did very well in the proams against a lot of bigger boats.

Just not big enough for running a Charter business out of

She will do about 40 mph at wot with the 200 hp Yami and trolls great on the 15 hp 4 stroke kicker.

Cruises like a dream at 30 mph.

Hope you find one that you like.

Long season with the outboards

Over all I would give the Coastal a great rating and not just because I owned one.

Thanks. Was looking at a 2005-2007 cuddy. Doesn't appear they make a walk around anymore. Would prefer the extra room in the cockpit/cabin area that a cuddy offers for LO fishing. Also, it appears the freeboard is a liitle deeper in the cuddy compared to the walkaround.

Edited by A-Lure-A

Thanks. Was looking at a 2005-2007 cuddy. Doesn't appear they make a walk around anymore. Would prefer the extra room in the cookpit/cabin area that a cuddy offers for LO fishing. Also, it appears the freeboard is a liitle deeper in the cuddy compared to the walkaround.

Good luck.

Like I said Wellcraft is a great boat

i have a 92 24 ft wellcrft fisherman walkaround.big cabin with sink,stove,and head.boat is in great shape,just needs to be cleaned up.it is set up for a yamaha outboard.if this is something you might be interested in,call me,i would love to get rid of it.315-357-4337.