Spring Casting,Bottom Bouncing

Im going to try some new stuff this year and one I hope is casting, bottom bouncing in the spring when fish are in shallow, looking at gear to accomadate the area and type of fishing.Im trying to figure out what struture exactly lies on the bottom, 20-40 and deeper for the summer out of Oswego, straight out,East and West,is it mostly rocks,sand? I bought a new Lowarance Elite last year and have yet to master it to understand what the bottom looks like.Last summer was hard and I want something new when I go out early as a means to catch fish. Appreciate all replys.Thanks

Edited by reillym

I plan to use my 12 foot surf casting rod and cast as far as I can into the restricted zone at the power plant . I figure that with 10 pound line and favorable winds I should be able to get about 300 feet closer to the outlets.........

Try casting spoons around the creek mouths in the spring. Kastmasters and cleos work good for me. 20 to 40 feet of water out of Oswego is mostly flat rocky bottom with a few humps thrown in. in the spring spring I troll mostly to the east of the oswego river usually 5 to 20 feet of water. Thats where the bait is. There are a few rocks in shallow.