Got a pair of the new Daiwa Seagate Level Winds for 10 color lead core - need backer advice

vetting

So i just got a set of Daiwa Seagate LW50H reels.  I am switching over from a pair of Okuma Convector 45Ds.  Just wanted to go with a higher speed reel for full cores.  I wanted to reuse the full core that I had on the Okuma reels - especially since its the expensive 832 suffix lead core.  I went to reverse it onto one of the new reels and the mono backer was trashed after the lead core.  So I'm thinking on maybe switching to braid.  Was thinking 30 or 40lb high visibility power pro.  I use church walleye boards and havent had to many instances of where the front clip slipped off the braid on other setups.  I actually use a small spro swivel between my leadcore and backer so if it does pop, it only goes 10 feet before it hits the swivel.  Actually makes it a lot easier to take the board off without loosing tension.  Any comments/suggestions? 

I use 40 lb power pro for backing as well, but usually splice in a section of mono between the core and backing to hook the board to.  I think it makes the board hold better.  If you are using a swivel to connect to the core it will be easy to change out the mono section from time to time as well. 

Yes, backing, mono, core, leader works well. I have a short section of heavy big game spliced between the backing and core and that is where the boards get attached.

BTW, I retied a rig late last year and used a spool of high-vis braid I had laying around and i was surprised at how much easier it was to see over the more camouflaged backing i previously had on the reel. When it comes time to redo the other reels, I'll make sure to go high vis on those backings also. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use 30 lb Berkly crystal fireline. I clip it right to the release using big boards. I just make sure I take a few feet off every once and a while and re tie using a small swivel. I used to do the stretch of mono in between but walleye fishing occasionally we run two seven or eight colors off the same board with the farthest away from the boat being the farthest out, which helps with tangles. I have also used power and like that also.