200 copper rods for fingerlakes

I build 7' rods on saltwater fiberglass blanks with mod-fast action for core and copper, soft tip but plenty of power in bottom two thirds of the rod. Tough to find mass produced rods that i like for these applications. Many people like longer blanks like dipsy action rods, but i find them to be a bit too stiff for my taste, especially for LL salmon and rainbows when they go nuts. For 200' copper you might get away with the the old solid fiberglass boat rods, which are usually easily found used, usually cheap, at flea markets, yard sales, and local FLX tackle shops. Not fancy, but very forgiving and serviceable. They were what I always liked best for core, straight back, before I started making my own to spec. Just my 2 cents.

I build 7' rods on saltwater fiberglass blanks with mod-fast action for core and copper, soft tip but plenty of power in bottom two thirds of the rod. Tough to find mass produced rods that i like for these applications. Many people like longer blanks like dipsy action rods, but i find them to be a bit too stiff for my taste, especially for LL salmon and rainbows when they go nuts. For 200' copper you might get away with the the old solid fiberglass boat rods, which are usually easily found used, usually cheap, at flea markets, yard sales, and local FLX tackle shops. Not fancy, but very forgiving and serviceable. They were what I always liked best for core, straight back, before I started making my own to spec. Just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...