Open launches eastern Lake O?

Pat,

Thanks for the heads up on Mexico, I figured the launch would have been iced in, or at least plowed in with all the snow. I put the new electric winch on the trailer today, can't wait for the first splash down. Come on spring.

Rich

The ramp at the coast gaurd station in Sodus is very snowed in. Bring a shovel if you want to launch there. Snows about a foot deep and heavy down to the water. Lot of open water in the bay. Might be good for perch or hit the lake. If anyone goes let me know so that i can launch after you :D

Time out, you might be able to launch after me. I'll bring a shovel, pick ax and the plow on my truck if you think I can get through. I'll look at the weather predictions for this weekend and see what I can come up with, just want to get out on the big lake for a few Browns and such. Desperate time means creative solutions.

Steve

Carry's might be a better option. The ramp is shorter and the parking lot is plowed. Parking lot by the coast gaurd station isn't plowed yet. Maybe we can get Salmonbound1 or pennfish to shovel them off for us since they live so close :D .

Amazing how different things are same time, 1 year apart. I drove up to check on the house after the major lake effect snows last year. Took a ride to Mexico Point launch and I was amazed at the sights. It was ice as far as I could see in all directions. Quite a sight! Couldn't get in the parking lot, however, as there was a good 10-15 feet of snow piled-up at both the entrance and exit gates.

Sodus Bay coastgaurd launch is going to be tuff if they don't raise the water level on the lake, this year duck hunting I ran aground 75' south of the launch. But if I hear that the fishing is hot I will use my row boat with my boards........ Man I can't wait :devil::devil: