Sufix 832 leadcore. Tried it?

I was wondering if anyone had tried this stuff yet? If so, does it dive 30% deeper like they claim?  About how much depth per color did you find in your experience(obviously dependent on what presentation you were running)? What size reel did you need to fit say 10 colors or 5 colors?

Thanks for any info.

Its all I use - great stuff.  Never had a break off with multiple 20 to 25lb Kings last year, even with the stuff only being 18lb test.  I havent had a good way to verify actual depth, but it does dive deeper.  There was a time that I snagged a 10 color on a 15ft hump in 75 feet of water.  With a normal 10 color, I would have passed right over it.   

I have my 10 colors spooled up on a Daiwa Seagate 50LW.  I use heavy braid for a backer since mono just rots under all of the wet lead on the spool.

Thanks Vet,

I use Power pro on all my cores and coppers as well. How much backing could you get on that Diawa with a full 10 colors on it?  I like the idea of the smaller diameter so you can fit it on a smaller reel as well.

Haven't used the Suffix, but last year I started converting to Tuf-Line (made in USA)....same concept of spectra casing over lead with a smaller diameter.  The only thing I found challenging was getting leader material to fit into the small diameter when tying a double Willis Knot.  I found I had to splice in a section of backing via double Willis Knot then tie an improved cinch (mono) married to a Trilene Knot (braid splice). 

I fit just short of 300yds of 40lb high visiblity yellow power pro.  I tie all of my line to line connections with small spro barrel swivels.  Just take out a small section of lead and then tie the dracron right to the swivel.

Thanks, I do the same thing with the small inline swivels for the connections.  Makes it much easier to switch leaders when I go from the finger lakes to Lake O.

Gill-T,

Didn't know that about the Tuf-line. I will check into it.

thanks

I used both last yr for core topshots and full color core set ups. I loved them both. Only down side to one of the was it would bleed out the color and then the leader would get colored up. i think it was the suffix that bled though I'm not 100% sure. Guess I should have paid better attention to what went on what reel. I used cheap magda 45's and got 12-13 with backing on them. Top shots went on smaller reels only using one or two color topshots.

I didn't use them on Lake O only local fishing here in NH. Which means they worked great on small fish lol.

Oh yeah definitely ran deeper by about what they claimed in my experience.

Spike

Edited by CaptSpike