Friday blow and a show

The lake was in all her glory Friday afternoon. The weather front that came through was pretty spectacular. The sky turned dark blue and the water was florecent green. That was just the start of the fun. We pulled up and headed for the fort. We launched from the north ramp that morning. A large pleasure boat with a couple riggers passed us going about 25 mph. From the moulth of the niagara to four mile was loaded with wood all morning. The lake went from flat to 3 footers in ten minutes. The boat was being blown sideways. That is one captain who was very lucky to get to the ramp without a major problem. We trucked in at 10 mph or so. This wasnt the worst change a remember, but it was one of the fastest. This is not where the fun stopped. As we approached the north ramp there were three boats waiting to get out. The boat that had passed us, and two good sized center councils. One cc was tied up on the north dock, tied up as far north as possible. The second was out in a holding pattern. We always exit from the south dock, so without thought we hit the dock. I tied off the boat and my fishin buddy went for the truck. The guys in the cc that was out in the water were yelling at the one that was tied up to move forward so they could dock. The guy on the dock yelled back that the boat was too big for him to move by himself. That started the F bombs flying. I laughed to myself, but the show wasn't over. The boat that had passed us had dropped off the driver, and had a drive on trailer. So they were out pretty quick. I turned my attention back to the north dock and the guy whose boat was too big to move had been intimidated into trying too move foreward. Well turns out he wasn't kidding he was close to losing it. It is easier if you hold both lines,Front and rear. His partner got there in time to save the day. Then came the strangest load onto a trailer I' ve ever seen. The F bombs are really flying now. It seems the first cc driver had to get his waiters on to load the boat. Hip waiters secured he walks down

into the water. Should have wore chest waiters cause he goes in right up to his waist. The second cc is now tying up. Big moulth and waist is screamin hes gonna f-ing kill the two getting out of the water, or goin in for a swim, not quite sure. Our boat is loaded now so we left shakin are heads. We head down river road toward lewiston and find ourselfs behind the plesure boat that had passed us. He is driving 20 mph in a 45 mph zone. His vhf antenna fully extended. He hit every power line and low tree between Youngstown and Lewiston. All three had PA plates on trucks and trailers. I know you all are on vacation. Maybe drink less. It makes fishing more fun. Hell maybe it was just the tough bite(see fishing reports). A truly surreal forty minutes. Thanks Lady O.

Always something for sure particularly the first launch of the year. I had a similar experience Sunday with some first time boaters launching their brand new pontoon boat. Was a sight to see. No clue as far as launching etiquette that is for sure

I always like the guys that sit in line at the launch then launch the boat and while the boat is in the water and still on the trailer start setting everything up.

You'll love this one, last fall after fishing all morning came back into Mexico launch There wasthree boats waiting to get into the docks. This guy has an empty trailer parking in the center of the right hand side, so I'm thinking one of these three are going to drive on and away they

will go. Nope all three go on the left side and I waited my turn and then went on the left side also. So after tying off I asked the kind gentlemen why he was parked in the center with no boataround well to my surprise he was waiting for his son to bring his boat down from the Salmon River and would be there in another 10-15 minutes !!!!! So I said it was command courtesy to not

take up the docks until your boat is actually there! Well needless to say I was called every name that I've ever heard and couple I'd hadn't. And him being a little on the older side plus my wife yelling "Dave don't you do it" I just walked up and got the truck loaded the boat and was on my way, with the empty trailer still waiting in the launch " with the kind gentlemen still standing all teeth intact and calling me some more pleasant names!!!!!!!!

You'll love this one, last fall after fishing all morning came back into Mexico launch There wasthree boats waiting to get into the docks. This guy has an empty trailer parking in the center of the right hand side, so I'm thinking one of these three are going to drive on and away they

will go. Nope all three go on the left side and I waited my turn and then went on the left side also. So after tying off I asked the kind gentlemen why he was parked in the center with no boataround well to my surprise he was waiting for his son to bring his boat down from the Salmon River and would be there in another 10-15 minutes !!!!! So I said it was command courtesy to not

take up the docks until your boat is actually there! Well needless to say I was called every name that I've ever heard and couple I'd hadn't. And him being a little on the older side plus my wife yelling "Dave don't you do it" I just walked up and got the truck loaded the boat and was on my way, with the empty trailer still waiting in the launch " with the kind gentlemen still standing all teeth intact and calling me some more pleasant names!!!!!!!!

HAHA that is awesome that sounds like something my wife would say.  

This isn't a boat launch story but same mentality as those idiots. I was perch fishing on the water and was drifting through an area where there were no boats for an easy 5 miles.  I had this guy motor up next to me drop anchor right where I was drifting thru.  I just bit my tongue and on my next drift I went a little shallower.  

Next thing I know I hear this loud wapp followed by a splash on the side of my boat this guy is casting his sinkers right into the side of my boat. I asked if it was necessary and he flipped out saying I was drifting to close to "His Spot".  

Next time I drifted down thru I trimmed my boat up and plowed a good 5' wake in a circle around his 16' aluminum.  He decided to leave after the waves damn near capsized him. The whole time my wife was telling me not to but my temper got the best of me.

i watched two guys last week jump start a boat with their truck at a sate launch last week. The scary part was watching the jumper cables sit in the water while they turned the boat over. Nothing happened luckily other then tying up the launch forever!!