Derby 2014

I planned on fishing derby on my bud Jim Vogel aka McLovins boat. But got a call Thursday that his boat broke down and my boat was needed. Only problem was my boat was in pieces from new interior and some new electronics Friday night was spent with the team coming over and throwing boat together Nothing like w

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I planned on fishing derby on my bud Jim Vogel aka McLovins boat. But got a call Thursday that his boat broke down and my boat was needed. Only problem was my boat was in pieces from new interior and some new electronics Friday night was spent with the team coming over and throwing boat together Nothing like waiting till last minute. Didn't get any sleep and headed to lake Fished hard dawn till dusk all weeknd put in Lodi and went a little north only to make a run to south end and end up down there. We boated some nice fish

Thought we had a bow that would make board but just missed. GreT times Jim tony Lisa and bill Gearhart. Had a great time and we will be back next year for crown

Edited by fathobbit0074

Those fish say it all....you put together as good plan and got things together in a hurry and came up with good results - WTG. Funny how sometimes it pays to just "wing it" in terms of preparation.....some of my best times have come that way yet when I dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's" (like this year :) )  things don't usually go as planned. I think next year I'll try flying by the seat of my pants rather than trying to cover all the bases....