Seneca 6/19 evening!

Got to the ramp at about 5.30 launched the boat and headed up the lake to a spot a few of us have been doing well at! It was a bumpy ride but the lake was laying down so was looking forward to the fish got the spot I wanted to start and nothing but garbage in the water so north I went cleared up after a few more miles set down in 100fow started setting lines just get the last board to pull up

And boom 5 color goes ended up losing the fish but hopes are high went a little further north marking lots of bait and a few hooks to but could not get a rod to go made a turn and came across the willow shelf and just as the shelf dropped fish hit the spoon diver yep gone to... Sun was going down and wanted to get back to the spot we lost the first one so kept going south and little while goes by the 7 color takes off fight the fish up turned out to be a Atlantic well went to net it and all

Kinds of things went wrong fish ended up jumping into the side of the net and hooks hung up and fish went swimming that was the end of the action for the night tried speed color depth lures many many many lures just could not get these "easy" fish on the lake to play a long! Well nice night for a boat ride considered the first skunk on the boat and Seneca gave out another humbling experience!!!!

Joe

Most of us have "been there" too Joe.....just gets you ramped up for "next time" when you may end up kicking butt....you never know with this stuff.Good luck Sunday. Les

I'm heading out in a few minutes here on Canandaigua but I don't have real high hopes after that last derby here....going after rainbows and browns today.