any activity out there?

this global warming is killing me last year on this day i was trolling seneca in short sleeve shirt and sunglasses by 0900 .i finally got all the engine parts just need 30 temp to work outside .frisco if ya need some ballast on your boat sometime give me a call. found some good stuff at Dicks in ithaca yesterday if anyone needs them there was 10 ft dypsy rods ugly stix marked to 29.99 picked up a spare , can never have too many rods .picked up some of that cajun line also benched tested it 14# with good results gonna respool 4 rods and give it a try ..just pulled my log out first trip to LO.last year march 27 ,,,50ish days to goooooooooooo.

frisco if ya need some ballast on your boat sometime give me a call.

Gee Ray, for a minute there I thought `frisco would toss me overboard for a new fishing partner ;( . Then I remembered that I'm the only guy that has ever been able to put up with him for more than one fishing trip. If you really have to go fishing with him then go ahead. Your not to old for a new life experience :shock: .

Actually he is a pretty nice guy.

Ray, just between you and me..,I had to say that so `frisco would take me fishing again ;) . I'm trying not to have to tell everyone why I was a no show for Saturdays fishing trip because it would ruin `frisco's image and that's something that Chaos probably wouldn't be able to get over.

• 2 weeks later...
...folks are ice fishing in full force. Estimate 20 to 30 on the ice on Saturday, half that on Sunday. Must have been the wind and snow. I watched a group of four with binoculars, they were working their way back to shore. Funny; every 30 feet they would lay prone on the snow to rest, it was deep due to the drifting.

Thanks for that report, it's exactly the scene I imagined... getting exhausted walking all the way to the channel! I thought about going up there this weekend but the big snow made me lazy. What you describe is why I did something else!

Should have a report on the Taughannock launch for you guys later today. ;):D It's starting to get a little warmer out, this weekend doesn't look half bad all things considered.

Oh heck... I just tried to go fishing. Marina is frozen over. Bubbler on, open water near the bridge, the rest frozen except one small spot. Appears to be 1"+ over the bubbler spots, 2-3 elsewhere. Didn't bring any major tools to try to break it. May try again later maybe not.

Looks like we have at least one guy that's not going to sit around and wait for April. Thanks Hermit for the Boy Scout try. Your fishing report is a lot better than mine. The Finger Lakes threads are few and by the looks of it they are getting reread over and over again.

I can't help much either because `frisco (my ride) is on a cruise in the eastern Caribbean and won't be back till next week ;( . The only ice he has to contend with this week is in his drinks :lol: . I planned a little wood working project at home to keep me occupied till he is back and then maybe we'll try and get the boat in the lake (after you break the ice in the launch area) :lol: .

Hope you get out, be safe, keep us posted......