Electric Planer reels

TileMan Dan

Hey Guys   I'am new to trolling with planer boards. I made my own mast and boards.  I'am using a old penn reel  do you think i'll have any trouble with it as far as line over lay. being its dacron and that its on there pretty thick.                             WHAT SAY YOU FISHING GODS  !

• 1 month later...

The Cisco motors are twice the size of the big jons. Plus there is ZERO plastic anywhere on the Cisco's, all cnc machined aircraft aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey Tim bought the Cisco motors on your advice guess what they are the same size as the BigJon pro motors but they do have a lower gear ratio and cost a bit less. With the Big Jon price increases the Cisco product is competitive at the moment .

Edited by bigblue

Wow when did fisherman get so soft? We crank my boards in by hand like G-Daddy. This is almost as bad as people whining about manual downriggers.  I never had an issue with my manuals even after catching the handle a few times on the rail post for my rail system. I did have to take it apart on the water and clean out some thickened grease that kept the rigger latch from engaging but that was 2 minutes worth of work and no cost in parts. 

The replacment motors fit the big jons

The Cisco look like the same motor but the price is more friendly and the motors have a locking ring on the drive shaft and a super sealed wrap on the motor body . Made in USA .

Chase you are welcome to come aboard anytime and crank in my long coppers and a 150 ft of line and double keel boards . Don't  laugh but when you get my age you look for any break you can get .

Yeah I understand, I just see a lot of these new gadgets that people want more than need. 

This is a direct quote off the Cisco site:

As of February 2015 the new motors will have two times more torque than our previous motor for a grand total of 50lbs/in. per revolution!

Plus they are sealed tight, just installed my new electrics and WOW, incredible workmanship, from the unit right down to the switch assembly.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app