Thoughts on decoy use

bout time

Anyone use one? I hunt a large farm with 2 small wood lots that are separated by 2 large bean field crops. Wondering if placing a decoy in corner of bean field would help draw deer from.opposite end/wood lot in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2 the scent conrol, critical.  Other suggestion is to have something at the tail and ears.  If its dry, you can tack a piece of tissue at each location.  I will typically due one ear and the tail.  If its rainy ill just do the tail with a white cloth.  Makes killer movement when the breeze hits hit.  For what ever reason, i have learned the hard way that once they see the decoy, dont call or at least try not too.  If hes not coming and you have no other option absouloutly call.  But if hes on a string coming in let the decoy do its thing.  Decoy placement is not in the line of sight to you on stand to where you think the bruiser would be coming from which most times can be anywhere.......  That way hes not picking you out when hes eyeing the decoy. 

I've used one once...I didn't have any luck but, I have a small buck and doe walk within 50yrds and it didn't spook them at all so I still chalked that up as a win.....my buddy uses the tinks blow up doe and has had a lot of luck placing it on the field edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a family of does get spooked over it before, and had a button buck in muzzle season once smell the scent wick I had on the back of it..........so funny to watch him bounce around, and almost run sideways around it.

Never had a shooter buck come to it....yet.