which chip for gps ?

finsntins

I purchased the Navionics Platinum NE, and I'm very pleased with it, I fish the north east portion of lakeO and its very detailed with I thin 3ft contours, all of the ST Lawrance is on it, also many lakes around home PA. Are on it also, even little lakes like Beltzville and other smaller lake some to my surprise as to how small they are are on it, but you will not be disappointed with the detail of lakeO.

I have the fish n chip for the great lakes and really like it.  Very detailed contours.  Whatever card you go with make sure it has all the areas you fish.  Some chips are lake specific, some are region specific.  The Hot Spot card that came with my unit only covered the eastern 1/2 of lake Ontario for some reason, which did me no good, I fish the western end of the lake.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks paul,i called si-tex and told them that i fished lake o,but the gps came with the chip for the east coast,they said no problem,send us that one back and we will ship you the one for the great lakes.so i guess i will give it a try in the spring.

I don't know if you're Sitex is on that list: SVS-460 4, SVS-560 5, SVS-750, SVS-760 7 but if the answer is yes, the Navionics+ is compatible and you will get SonarCharts: 1foot contour to 80ft.,and 3ft contour to 180ft if my memory is right.

SonarChartsâ„¢ is an HD bathymetry map featuring extraordinary bottom contour detail, great for increasing awareness of shallow waters and for locating fishing areas at any depth level.

You also get Community edit and free up-date for a year.

http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-plus

thanks again guys for all the input,im gona give this chip a try,still cant believe that they send this chip,which costs almost 200 bucks with the purchase of the unit,thought this was a really good deal.if it isnt what im looking for,ill sell it on e-bay and go with a navionics chip.stinks i wont be able to try it for another 5 months or more!!!!man its gona be a long winter