Amish planer boards

I have the Amish white boards and they pull really hard maybe to hard do the Amish wood boards pull alittle lighter?

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not noticeably, I have the redwood boards and they pull like a mule.  Wouldn't have it any other way.  I got the Cisco Electric Planer Reels to bring them in.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

As long as you keep moving you're good.  Don't stall, make evasive turns that lag the inside board, etc... 

Any ski style planer board could flip if the "perfect storm" conditions are met... but it's not the boards fault, it's purely operator error.  Yell at the captain!!!

Can be an act of god. Last time we flipped was caused by a large branch still full of leaves. We had 12 lines full involved in that mess in 30 seconds. Just wondering if anyone has experianced this with boards that pull this hard? I use triple plastic boards that are nothing to brag about.

When a board flips put it in neutral grab the inside rod and just reel dont worry about releasing just reel as hard and fast as physically possible.

Before I had auto pilot I needed someone to drive while I set lines. Well we entered a turn and the operator being green turned too sharp in 4' seas and a board flipped. We had just put out our 11th line. We put it in neutral and didnt have a single tangle. Just reeled our butts off. 2 guys reeling 11 lines and no tangles.

This was using my homemade boards I now have a little lead on them to weigh them down.

Sent from my thinking car!

• 2 weeks later...

It may be overkill and these pull like a mule, and I am not saying these boards can't flip over as I am sure in the right conditions anything can happen, but I use these triple board planers made by Bloody Point Tackle. The overall bigger size/weight and extra board help make these very stable even in very rough conditions. I mostly fish in the Chesapeake Bay and in the ocean along the DE and MD coast with these for stripers. We need the 3 board planers to pull the heavy umbrellas and parachutes, but they do work fine for lake trolling as well. They are made of yellow pine and the longest board is 35" long.

bloody_point_triple_planer_boards.jpg