Slow at Oneida for me

Fished Oneida lake leaving from Cleveland yesterday looking for some walleyes but came up short. Literally with 2 shorts and one keeper that was an inch over the limit. Had a few chasers but had problems getting them to commit. The lure that seemed to work best was a #4 white glow rap 5 foot off the bottom in 27 feet of water. If I had better luck I could have told you more.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-153364-14227250791635_thumb.jpg

Same deal with me. 2 holes, than I have 2 rigged rods. One for a rap and the other is rigged with a pimp or jigging spoon. When I get a chaser I throw the other rig down to see if will induce a strike. Friday my best luck was with the raps. Same as the guys I fished with. One guy had luck with the clown colored rap and the other used a black and gold. Glow got the most chases for me. Not pimps, at least Friday.

size 0 moonshine  shiver minnow been working for me out of godfreys....purple w/orange belly early  then grey with orange stripes after the sun gets up

hasn't been great thus far but sure beats setting home

28-32 fow been best

get a lot of lookers out at 45 fow but no takers

good luck out there

Seems like the two rigs deal is what a lot of us use including me. Last two trips the eyes alternated between a #5 metallic jigging rap, and a silver pimple of the same size.  I also have found that some days they like a whole fresh small emerald and other days , just the head off a medium size emerald. Oneida can be a tricky lake and it does take some time and exploring to help figure it out. I know it took me a while and some days I win and other days Oneida wins.

Me and two others fished lewis this am 630 - 930... 4 different spots from first ledge out to the humps. 1 light bite took a minnow head.... that's it. Was nice to get out since I was in on saturday, now for some beer and snacks for the game.

20150201_071146.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Like everyone else will tell you, Oneida is a tough lake to figure out. Get a flasher or a graph. If not finikeye walleyes are almost inposible to catch. As you will see on your graph they chase the lure and its up to your jigging skills to intice them to hit it. Lots of great suggestions and info in this po