Scary ice

Bada Bing

I was on the ice at 160 feet today. I heard the normal ice cracking sounds, the ice was about a foot thick I walked over near some black ice where someone fished a couple of days earlier and it sounded like glass breaking directly under me . It was a little unnerving. Maybe it was nothing to worry about it made me redistribute my weight.Be safe.

If you were at the south end anywhere near the pressure ridge today  a couple weeks ago I was just south of it when it formed by "blowing up" throwing ice in the air about 6-8 ft in the air near a cottage with a bubbler going on the west side and the huge pressure ridge was created right while we watched....sounded like dynamite going off and shook like an earthquake and ripped up the ice all the way across the lake in a line. Glad I wasn't standing on the crack some of the huts came down within milliseconds and folks started leaving pretty quick :lol: . From now on extreme caution is needed and day by day evaluation of the conditions with these warmer temperatures because once the creeks start running full blast things can change within hours sometimes.