Sub troll issues Pics added

When you put the new 9 volt in the probe, spend the extra $$ and buy the best battery. I believe I put a litium battery in mine. Also pay attention when you open the probe, there should be no water inside. Make sure you put some vaseline on the probe seal to seal out water.

I had to go to a 12 lb torpedo weight when I added the probe to keep it from hanging too far back.

X2

X3 but i do have the antenna upgrade.

and I use the so-called "Junk" downrigger cable that has the copper core, stainless sheath.  Going to be 4 seasons on it.

When you put the new 9 volt in the probe, spend the extra $$ and buy the best battery. I believe I put a litium battery in mine. Also pay attention when you open the probe, there should be no water inside. Make sure you put some vaseline on the probe seal to seal out water.

I had to go to a 12 lb torpedo weight when I added the probe to keep it from hanging too far back.

Make sure you put some on the threads too. 12lbs? I use the troutman 16 pounders on mine!

Edited by Chas0218

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I'll swing by Moor this week. Today nothing at all. Temp flashed a couple times but not accurately. Tried the wet rag. Jiggling things around. Nothing. Had power. Must be somewhere in the antenna or probe itself. Don't really need it for the shoreline but will need it soon enough.

As for the fishing today more bows than browns. Lots of small coho as well.