Yates and Somerset town residents take note!

The residents of Eagle and Middlebury have no problem with windmills. They do not see or hear them anymore since their property taxes went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hope this doesnt happen in your backyard, Skipper. It would be sad to see from the lake as well. The proposed area is a recently discovered bald eagle nesting area, I'm surprised it's gotten as far as it has. It would be sad enough if it made sense, but the power produced doesnt make economic or environmental sense. 1429320721709.jpg
If you value your peaceful star lit nights without disruption by blinking red lights 500 feet high all over it, better see about what you can do here! Get educated or express your own knowledge!

Yeah, there is no talk about tax breaks.... Or really any break at all for anyone except the landowners who rent out their property for these monstrosities... Unless you count drastically reduced property value, which I suppose would accomplish the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry Guy's don't want to start a big argument here, but we can except nuclear power plants up and down the shores of Lake Ontario, but not wind turbines in our back yards? Make a lot of since to me SMH!

post-140268-14295746286399_thumb.jpg

This could be your home.....

post-140268-1429574675412_thumb.jpg

This could be what it looks like after the government subsidiaries focus elsewhere.

In 2012 the wind subsidiaries took a hit in the Senate. It seems that scrambling for renewable energy makes the money blow with the wind. Right now it blows towards shale oil. I wouldn't want any wind turbines left to rot around my house.

If the government subsidized more on individual households, gave a break on household energy conservation practices, and gave each of 53,000 homes a hydrogen cell generation power source, those households could go without $ per KW. The wind company is in it for the money. Give the money back to the ones who paid those taxes.

Nuclear power is inherently dangerous. Japan knows only too well, but a country with little resources to make energy any other way is learning alternative methods and the government of Japan is working with their society on a level that does not include money hungry corporate greed.

I have seen the wind farms in the Tehachapi Pass in California, they were brought into existence in the early 80s. Looks like a junk yard mostly now. Seems it's easier to put up newer updated ones and leave the old ones lay right there where they died.

When the subsidies run out, how much will your electric bill cost YOU?

Edited by skipper19