Decided to cast from shore for a bit Sunday afternoon into the outflow from East Bay into the lake. Went 2 for 4 with a beat up brown first, one dropped in the wash, something that decided to take a 150 yard run and then throw the spoon, and finally a nice 9# brown that went home for the smoker. Spoon was an orange crush NK. Can't wait to get the boat out there this weekend!! :)

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

Hey Eastbay,

I was trolling right past the East Bay outlet on Sunday and saw a guy haul one in as I was trolling past. As you can imagine, I was rather envious. I got skunked. To see the guy on shore, who is usually wishing he was on a boat ('least that's me when I'm ashore) reel one in was frustrating. However, it did give me cause to continue.

Judging by your sweatshirt, I thought you could have been riding on my boat!

Well done. Good luck getting the boat in.

Pierless

Neil

I think that was me you saw! Were there only two guys in your boat? The one driving had a light brown hat on, not a baseball cap though.. They went by once trolling east, then back west around the point and I never saw them again. I was up there Sunday from 10:30 till 12:45. Not Saturday like I mistakenly put in the post! I've never had that much luck with the outflow there, but I kept seeing them come through the wash, swim right by me toward the east. Everyone I had hit it within 6 feet of the color change. It's tough getting a spoon to continue at the right speed when you go in and out of that current. At times I wasn't even reeling in...

I'll make sure I wave next time!

Joe

Hey Eastbay,

Nice Hawg.

How do you chuck NK spoons? I can't seem to cast them more than about 20 feet.

When casting, I always wind up throwing Cleos and Dardevles.

Jam

Jammer,

I use light spinning tackle, medium rod about 6', and the key I've found is using BRAID. I had Power Pro 10# test on there and could get 60' into a crosswind. Just make sure the drag is set right or BUBYE when you hook up!

Joe

Eastbay,

I wasn't going to insist that you were there Sunday, not Saturday, but from what you wrote and what I saw, they were one and the same, just on different days. Seemed too exactly the same to be different.

Looking at your responses to others I'm completely sure it was you, as your technique of "not even reeling" was what was confusing the heck out of me when I was eyeballing you. I couldn't figure out if you were using a floating lure and letting it rest, or if you were fighting a fish in, or what.

It all makes sense now,...

Well anyway, you kept me out there looking for trout. Until I saw you reel one in, I was convinced that there weren't trout anywhere near where I was and I was getting rather upset at being frustrated seeing nothing. Don't get me wrong, I was still frustrated that I wasn't reeling one in and you were, but at least I knew I was just doing a bad job of fishing, which I ought to be able to do something about and not trolling in fishless water.

To that end, when the wind came up shortly after our paths crossed, we went back to Sodus and my girlfriend reeled this dandy in. Not the "target species" I was looking for, but probably tastier!

Regards and please do wave at the ugly boat next time you see it wobble on by. We wave back.

Pierless

Neil

Pq18WOLr.jpg