Kids Catch 'em on Cayuga 6/14

Tried north of Sheldrake today. Went out with my twins (Daniel and Kyleigh) who will be 4 in August, along with Forester Dave and his 6 yr old Lucas.  The kids did a great job!  The kids fought 5 fish and landed them all!  The only thing I did was help to hold the rod just in case. :)

1 7# laker  on a 40 ft rigger. 1 laker on a slide diver on a 4 out 100. Lucas had the big fish of the day with a 8.5# laker on a 4 color! :yes:   All other fish were on either a 3,4,or 5 color core. I did land 1 salmon that charged the boat before we could hand the rod to Lucas that weighed 6.25#.  They hit scorpions with green, or copper as well as stick baits, either jointed or with a rattle.  The water was like chocolate milk, about 63 deg on top.  Fished between 30-100 fow,and were off the water by 11:00.  It was a great trip, kids and Dads had a great time and Lucas and Kyleigh landed their biggest fish ever! :yes:  :yes:   Dave is going to post some pics when he gets a chance.  My 2 could hardly get to sleep last nite, they just kept saying "Daddy I'm so excited to go fishing!"  8)

OMG, priceless guys, especially the young girl a sleep with the thumb!! Nice pics, I guess you guys won't need anybody to go out fishing with, you'll have 3 volunteers every time the boat leaves. Hey guys great job and thanks for taking the kids fishing. I know mine are chomping at the bit to go!!!

Thanks guys, my 2 definitely had a riot.  They wanted to show their grandpa the fish they caught, but by the time we got out of long point Kyleigh was asleep again. I woke her up when we pulled in his house and the shock on my dads face at the size of the fish they landed at 3 yrs old said it all! :yes:

My son, Lucas, told all his friends at school about his "monster" Lake Trout. He is pretty proud of himself, and I am proud of him. All three kids were great and I can't wait to take them again. I am sure Dennis feels the same way. Watching them catch fish is a lot of fun. Best part is they don't care what species or how big. On another note, I have instructed many adults on proper technique when bringing in a fish and the kids listen follow instructions much better :) . If you have little ones, get them out on the water or take them to a pond to fish. They will love it, and there are great life lessons to be taught.