Fair Haven Fishing --critique needed

I live on little Sodus Bay in FH and my buddy brought up his boat last week and we went out for some trout and salmon. We fished hard last Saturday from 6:30 am until 12:30 pm and then 5:00pm to sunset.

We did absolutely terrible and was wondering if you had any tips.

We started in tight in the morning 9 to 18 feet trolling inside the east wall to the beach and then headed west past Blind sodus.

We ran 1 planner board with 2 stickbaits(Challengers, Southwicks, thundersticks, Rapalas) fluocarbon leaders and ran them about 150 – 225 back.

We also stacked a rigger with spoons(evil eyes, NK, stingers etc) we ran them 75 -100 back. We trolled 1.9 to 3.1 mph varying our speed.

We even went out to 110 ft and marked a few and nothing, We trolled all the way back in and nothing but a bass in close.

Any idea what we are doing wrong?

We change lure colors etc …nothing…

I am not sure how the fishing has ben over there but from other reports around the lake I would say you might be fishing too high. I am hearing of all fish coming from 40 to 100 feet down over 120 to 250 feet of water. On the other had I would have thought you would have caught some browns in the area you were.

Good luck

Richard

Some days are really tough on Big-O. Just guessing but... Have you tuned your plugs lately? (Make sure they're running true.) Have you tried back-tracking? (troll in opposite direction) Do you zig-zag or are you a "straight" troller? (No comments Ray) Even though you run shallow do you fish deep? (Such as 14 down over 18FOW)

Good Luck,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Mahone82. I fished out of FH for a while and went further east or west if the browns weren't hitting close to the piers.Found lots of browns east around Moon Beach and Ninemile point. Nice water east side of point. Try west up to Port Bay, work the points and creek mouths. I liked flutter spoons off the boards. Green and silver or orange silver. If the fish aren't there this won't help. Good luck.

mahone82

I have gone out of Sodus for a month and every weekend I have tryied for the browns in a shallow water and nothing but a few lost fish some, lost tackle and long boat rides. :evil: Oh there was a small month last weekend. :evil: Are shallowes fish last weekend was in 135 on a 200' of copper. 160-200' was good. 10 bows from 5-9 pounds and a coho. Your set up sound good but when there is no fish there is no fish. That fish in 135 foot of water was a 2-3 brown, Go figure.