Help with browns on Seneca

I can't get a brown trout on Seneca if my life depended on it. I have tried sticks on long lines, leadcore and riggers up high with bright spoons and sticks to no avail. These setups will pick a salmon or rainbow from time to time, but generally they just wash the lures. I know browns like a little bit warmer water, but is the speed the same ~2.5mph?

Thanks for any info in advanced!

Try small spoons 2-3 1/2 inches, light line (8-10 lb fluro) run way back from the boat no matter what the setup if not running deeper near bottom. In the shallower depths runa few feet off bottom.Work drop offs E to W and W to E (more work but chances increase) from 20 to 100 ft and play with the depth until  you run them and as the day goes on run closer to the bottom. Just keep looking for steep drop offs with close proximity to deep water especially with bait in the vicinity.

Edited by Sk8man

Elusive little creatures!

The south end has some brown activity right out front, look for them where the T Cline meets the bottom of lake. This is their preferred area. Fishing can be best for them on over cast days, rain, and wind. If you have some colored water, even better chances. As stated above, long light leads and make those lures work. Zig zag a bit. Usually take the shots in the inside turns.

For example. Saturday got a nice one 51 down over 60 fow... 75 foot lead.. Inside turn.. If you can find suspended bait over the shelfs or near bottom where the T Cline is you'll find browns. There's some key areas in this lake for them. They are lake wide but there are areas that produce the most.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys! I had them pegged kind of wrong. I fish for them like you would in the spring. I assumed the marks close to the bottom were lakers in spots like that. I'll be back at it in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Elusive little creatures!

The south end has some brown activity right out front, look for them where the T Cline meets the bottom of lake. This is their preferred area. Fishing can be best for them on over cast days, rain, and wind. If you have some colored water, even better chances. As stated above, long light leads and make those lures work. Zig zag a bit. Usually take the shots in the inside turns.

For example. Saturday got a nice one 51 down over 60 fow... 75 foot lead.. Inside turn.. If you can find suspended bait over the shelfs or near bottom where the T Cline is you'll find browns. There's some key areas in this lake for them. They are lake wide but there are areas that produce the most.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2 On what Nick says. Last few I picked were on small rainbow/ gold colored spoons on turns also. Think they like the fleeing bait or falling a bit.

Great info Nick thanks.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep good stuff.  The comment about where the thermocline is meeting bottom (especially where there is a deep drop off nearby) is the "golden rule" for browns from the time it forms into the Fall.

Edited by Sk8man