trolling for eyes

elknud89

If you can find a target depth on structure that you think is holding fish, trolling using a custom bottom bouncer has been discussed in detail on this thread. I'm fishing a river, started pulling thundersticks behind them and have had very good success. I keep a log and have been out 12 times since June 5. We have a three fish limit and I've kept 27.

Finding a place that holds the fish is the key.

I'm running into a 2 knot current most of the time. My experience is that slower is always better. The thundersticks have a pretty good action down to around 2 in flat water. When I was pulling rapalas, it seems the action went dead at speeds below 2.4. Guys also pull worm harnesses, but I have to contend with gobies.

As far as leader length behind the bouncer, depends on the working length of your net, as you can only reel the bouncer to the rod tip. Water is very clear here and I'm running the back about 7 ft on 20 lb florocarbon, swivel on the bouncer end, just a cross lock snap at the lure.

Elknud89 I have fished Rays Town lake. I trolled long leads off the riggers with J9 in the perch color and the flor. Orange color with some success, we usually fish that lake in the fall after the summer season activities slow down.