Home made down rigging board?

hello this sounds like my old boat and what my father and i had to do to keep up with the other boats to have riggars. heres the deal i ran a platform made out of hard wood for the same thing your biggest issue is going to be making shure everything mounts up solid as a rock. there is a lot of torque on the down riggars. given the oportunity the riggars will break and fly right off the boat. just be careful and make sure everything is secured very well. once that is all set your only issue i could see is netting all those big fish.

good luck

Capt. William Holden

Fishing Fanatic charters

the only thing i can think of right this second is to through bolt some clean looking bases and then mount your riggar board to them with some easy access bolts. this way all that would be left is the bases when you want to pleasure cruise. had to do somthing similar on the boat we have now too. the mom wanted to keep it looking nice so she could bring friends out on it lol

capt. William Holden

Fishing Fanatic

I also have the Eagle Feet on my 20 ftr and they work great. If you do have a bar made out of stainless steel I would suggest NOT finishing it with anything. The stainless will hold up by itself just fine.

i like my track system.i put mine on a rail becuse i wanted extra height.keeps the crew inside.look around the marina a little bit.almost every rail you see Mike built and installed,including mine along with the rod rocket on the arch.he doesn't charge to look it over and could probaly put one together very reasonably.if your sides are high enough,just the track system is fine.takes me less than 15 mins. to pull or install 4 riggers and I don't hurry.could do it in seven if i didn't talk so much.

Heres the set up I made for my downriggers. The beam is made of aluminum. It's not too bad to work with .... cuts pretty easy. Having pedestal mounts the raised rear section of the boat made it quite easy to get a good sturdy mounts. So far, there is nothing I would have done different.

P1000810.jpg