Oak orchard 8/2 A day of first !

Headed out around 6am wirh a buddie who never caught a salmon or steelie and motored out to the 25 line and set up on a on a north troll. Not Long after the 250 Dipsy with a green flasher fly starts ripping, grabbed the rod and about 5 seconds later poof gone. Brought it in and was missing my spinney and fly ... should have remembered to check my leader... kept going north and it was quiet for a bit but when we hit the 28 line we had steady picking for a few hrs temp was 48 down 95. First fish was a nice 10 lb steelie buddies (first one). Shortly after the probe rigger with a UV gator stingray starts screaming and my buddie brought in a 23 lb king wich was also his first salmon ! Fished a little while longer and pulled in 3 other steelies and lost one other. Had to clean lines every 20-30 minutes. Fleas were terrible.

Pm ... Went back out in the evening in an attempt to get my little cousin his first fish and ended up getting blown off after about an hour ... however we accomplished our mission he pulled in his first 8 lb steelie and had a blast while it lasted !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150887-1438639949376_thumb.jpg

post-150887-14386399801954_thumb.jpg

post-150887-14386400126215_thumb.jpg

You got to love the looks on the face of the first timers! I know for me it only took one and I needed my own boat. Congrats to both you and them on a trip that both will never forget!

Edited by JakeyBaby

I enjoy watching others bring in the fish more than me cranking them in these days. I get amped up as they get closer and the net comes into

play! We need to get these kids out there and hooked. Someday hopefully its waayy in the future i will need one of my boys to take me out!

great job on the fish!

I enjoy watching others bring in the fish more than me cranking them in these days. I get amped up as they get closer and the net comes into

play! We need to get these kids out there and hooked. Someday hopefully its waayy in the future i will need one of my boys to take me out!

great job on the fish!

Amen to that, now days kids don't know anything other then video games and cell phones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app