For 2 years or so I was running mag divers but using info from charts and other people using reg. sized divers. That said, these divers were running way down in the ice water and I thought they were running somewhere near my riggers just in the cline. I caught quite a lot of fish off them and couldn't understand why my riggers wouldn't go when I matched the divers. Well they weren't in the same water. I now park riggers just in the cline and one deep and the same for the divers and coppers though will put a copper or a slider cheater in the warm water as well!

In reading this posts about temp not being as big a deal as with earlier in the season, my question is for example this weekend is

blowing NE which is why Im not coming up to fish,other than if it were to choppy for my small boat, would the wind

direction be a factor this time of year???

I know N or NE winds blows the water temp around and changes things and sometimes takes a couple days after of W winds

to get back to "normal".

Here are a few graphics from a study on lake Huron a couple of years back. The kings were caught and implanted with data storage tags, retrieved later by fishermen catching the tagged fish. It clearly shows how the salmon moved out of prefered temps. in the late summer and fall. The second chart shows depth movement.

post-139500-0-47604900-1438960808_thumb.jpg

post-139500-0-98586100-1438960827_thumb.jpg

Here are a few graphics from a study on lake Huron a couple of years back. The kings were caught and implanted with data storage tags, retrieved later by fishermen catching the tagged fish. It clearly shows how the salmon moved out of prefered temps. in the late summer and fall. The second chart shows depth movement.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

attachicon.gif1111.jpg

I find those charts very interesting.  About half of our salmon hits in the last 2 weeks have been on sliders when the riggers were set in 47-50 degree water.  Kind of makes sense when looking at this chart.