ready to buy temp and speed probe- what do you suggest?

heard good things about DR.Looks like they're a little complicated to set up.In other words,if you want to remove it and are you guys talking about coated downrigger wire?Ours is not coated

I just got my Cannon S-n-T I lose my probe at 70 Ft Down. I guess I have to throw the coated wire on. I copied the stainless plate idea shown on this forum with the bullet connector. My question for the Cannon guys is how do you remove the antanna? I thought about cutting the wire and adding connectors, but I'm not sure what I'm dealing with. Is it COAX? just 1 wire? I have Mag 10's with Gimbal mounts and want to be able to remove my riggers.

I have limited time with it, but so far I luv my depth raider and it is not hard to set up. I also have the sensor on the cable so it is easy to remove it. If you get one read this thread and it explains it all then you can thank Billy V because it worked great!!! I think i got it from marine general and asked for the non advertised special it was 400 plus shipping insurance but no shipping I think it came to 409. By the way they send coated cable with it just make sure you strip it back a couple of feet when you put it on, if you have cannons with auto stop it is all in the thread I posted.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishin ... php?t=5237

I have been using the Cannon S-n-T since they were first introduced. I had problems with my first unit which Cannon replaced. The replacement has worked great ever since with a coated cable. I like the additional info it provides that others do not.

Zebedee, No need to cut your cable and install connectors. Simply spread the wire at one end of the spring and pass the coated cable thru the coils until it is unwound. It only takes seconds to do and you will avoid having additional connections that could cause signal loss or other problems.

thanks for the input much appreciated.fishing out of hughes marina,pultneyville.so the coated wire is actually the downrigger cable,meaning i'll have to respool the downrigger?