Will wax make an aluminum boat go faster?

BP Swing

Tom Looks great. I fished from a 16 foot Sea Nymph for over 20 years.I now have a Lund 1800 fisherman and love it not much bigger than my old boat but I am able to to do bigger water. I have to pick my days as well.

I couldn't tell the difference, but a marina worker once told me that a rougher surface holds water and air, which creates a buffer /or shield, which glides better. I'm still leaning towards the less friction idea personally, therefore wax it once a year. I think he's outhinking it, but if anyone else has heard of this theory, please elaborate.

IAb - I have manual cannons. They're have swivel bases and are mounted to a removable board I invented many yrs ago. The last 15" hinges up to get the riggers off the side off the boat for fishing and then up out of the way at the launch.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

L.L.

I have contemplated buying a nice 21-24 ft cuddy rigged for fishing but keep asking myself, WHY with the gas prices the way they are and not looking to ever go down again. If you get a chance I would be interested in seeing your engineering job, could you pm me a pic, I need some reassurance ansd someone telling me not to go bigger!