What's with all the cookie cutter kings this year? I lost count of the number of fish/releases we had, but the 150-170 fow range was just littered with 3-6 lb fish. Most of the fish came on the riggers between 55-60 feet down; could just be that the copper wasn't running where the fish were, but they did ocassionally take a hit. In fact, the only teenager came in 70 fow early on the copper, so it was worth running, but after a couple of 2 lb'ers on the copper...shoulders were aching.

NBK, frog, "old" blue all produced. Speed was fast 2.5, currents were ripping to the east. Good luck this week.

Gator

heh, heh, heh...I'm still giggling over the thought that all these little guys will be big guys soon (and a seven lb king is only little in comparison to some of the others out there...Keith H. and I were thinking how they would compare on a fly rod). Nice to keep things in perspective, though. We've got one of the best fisheries on the planet; never know what she's going to give you from one year to the next. Enjoy!

Gator