Bow sights w/ lenses?

Hunted for years with a halo sight. Mounted it on a range adjustable mount. Same type of sight as used on a pistol. Arm length eye relief that superimposed ...not project...a laser dot on bullseye, and paralax rings line up a perceived rear sight like a rifle plain sight would do. It is electronic and requires two N style batteries to run it. Works great but did not want to depend on the batteries any more and wanted instant access multi range points of aim.

Switched to the Tactical Archery SABO Gen 2. Love it! Non electronic multiple range on a heads up display lense. Somewhat difficult to set up but when dialed in..it's spot on..literally! Shows you form deficiency on aiming as well. Only complaint is on a very bright sunlit paper target the red dots tend to fade out against the background. Thought maybe different color like green would help. Has a provision for low light battery operated enhanced sight brightness control for use in a blind.

The halo sight worked very well in all light conditions inside or outside. It's the best one point aim sight I have used for that purpose of all light conditions. Just gotta deal with batteries to have a sight was it's biggest drawback. Great on a flat shooting bow with one aim point.

Tip to anyone trying the SABO tactical site. I am like Vince with the aged eyeballs!:rolleyes:...this sight uses NO PEEP. . It does help with more field of view and eliminates a lot of dual focusing on sight lines. I never liked peeps for my own shooting style. I have found that accuracy increases immensely for me when using this sight aiming with both eyes open. For me that's an advantage target and woods. Reviews are all over either love it or hate it...probably not the most durable sight for reckless handling and care setting it up must be taken to not over tighten the pin locks. Those are very small screws and only need snugging.

No peep is my best performance now with aging vision.

Mark

Edited by skipper19

Check out Copper John Mark IV. Single pin sight that has an optional lens kit. Niagara Outdoors is putting a bow package together for me. I ordered this sight and am looking forward to using it. I too have failing eye sight and will be getting the lens kit. Copper John is located in Auburn NY.

http://www.copperjohn.com/archery-sights-bow-sights/mark-iv-black