Fished Sandy from the mouth to the pump station in 95-125 ft range from 5-8:30 PM with one lonely 4 Lb king to show for it. Waves really picked up from the east as the night went on. Saw one other fish on in the small group of five boats fishing the same area. I was excited after seeing some of the reports from the weekend and last night.

The only fish came on a NK28 in a pink and chartreuse pattern 45 down over 115. I guess I chose the wrong evening. Better than a skunk!

Nice boat. I saw you guys wave. Were you successful? We saw one other fish on while we were out. That was on the two tone brown PennYan. He seems to be out whenever we are. It was somewhat disappointing fish wise.

yeah we went 4 for 4. all came on purple and blck the two bigger ones came right west of the creek down 70 over 95 fow. do you have a vhf radio? if not you should get one anytime we are out we give reports to all the boats on colors and depths we are always on 72. yeah that other boat name is "ontario" the grady white is fosters and thats the "school master" I have a 22' islander brown and white mine is the "happy hooker". anytime you are out there 90% of the guys will let you know how they are doing there are many fish to be netted we are not worried about some one steling our hot spot lol. I will be out in the hooker tonight if you are out give me a call on the cell if you do not have a vhf 509-6777 my name is jeff I will let you know if I have done anything. good luck

I didn't put the radio in the boat last night. I will next time I'm out. I have just starting fishing again for the summer kings after a several year absence. I use to run a 21 ft PennYann cuddy but sold it several tears ago. I told my buddy how fun the salmon fishing can be and he got all excited so it looks like I will be spending more time on the lake. I had pretty much limited myself to the near shore early spring brown fishing and thr late summer Salmon due to my boat size. I look forward to at least kniowing a few boats out of sandy. I use to have my PennYan moored on Sandy. All the new techniques with slider, wire , spin doctors are a little new to me. We were just stacking the old school NK's on the riggers.

Freeman, too funny. I have a 28 ft. bayliner trophy hardtop that I bought out of Ohio 3 years ago..the old name of the boat was the "Happy Hooker" I renamed it this year to "Fish Tank". I have had several little projects to do so should be launching this weekend..see you out there. I met Foster last season at the Marina..nice guy. I am at Sleepy Hollow this year. Tank

A little confused Freeman77. You were on Schoolmasters boat last night but normally on your boat is the happy hooker, and the PennYan is the boat Ontario?

I wish I could make it out tonight but not to be. Probably Saturday. Thinking of taking Friday off and targeting some pig smallmouths on jigs at Hemlock lake. The only real benefit of a small boat, unless you include the fuel cost of course.

Hey Foster, How are you?. I had several projects and am a little later than expected. I have a starter issue that should be resolved in a few days..then I am launching. I am sooo hoping to be in this weekend! I am docking at Sleepy Hollow up the creek this year. By the way, I installed a new VHF antenna, so I will be reachable, if that doesn't fix it I will get a new radio as well. Hope to see you out there soon!! Tank

Coldwater,

It is off of Westphall rd. right off the lake Ontario State Parkway. It is a free launch. When the fishing is good, get there early or you will be waiting in line.

Tank-

Glad you will be fishing soon. It has been great for the past week or so. We docked at Sleepy Hollow a few years ago; but I like being closer to the lake at Bruce's. Give me a shout if you make it out this weekend, If the weather is good, I will be out both days.

Foster