DEC asks for comments on potential new deer regs.

landingzone

And there's very little time left to comment. I can't imagine that there's a hunter out there who doesn't want to be heard. So it must be that we haven't done enough to spread the word...tell your friends!

Comments are only being solicited on several proposed changes as indicated in the thread above, but you can sing your heart out if you want on other issues, too. At least you know they'll read it.

I can tell you what you guys are just starting to see has been an on going problem in PA. The exact same problems, way to many doe tags, some guys I know had 3 tags and a buck tag. In the beginning it was great lots of meat everyone was happy, but not using their heads, every doe you shoot your killing 2 possible 3. Now the deer population is piss poor to say the least, so to paint a good pic. for the hunters they came out with a 3 point rule on one side, which in turn has made bigger racks, but the damage is done. You can have huge horned bucks but with no does what good does it do. I blame the greed of the PA. Hunters for 3 years it was great now the same guys are the first to complain, wtf. You guys created your own demise. Our problem is their are to many developments right up against hunt able land they learned quickly with the first crack of a rifle it much safer staying close to the feeders in the back yards of the NY&NJ city folks little 1/3 acre of land with alfalfa bails and 100# of corn in a feeder, that's where I'd be if I were a deer. The game comm. along with the bigger auto ins. Comp. have the deer population right where they want them. DONT let this happen to you guys!!!