A couple ?s

I have a couple quick questions first being has anyone ever attempted to run rattle traps for flatlining browns was just thinking of giving this a go as I have a limited selection of stick baits (did purchase some bay rats at the Niagara show this past weekend) but came upon a decent amount of rattle traps in my bass tackle. Next I was wondering if anyone has attempted to run a set green rig off an inline board was thinking that if a bigger inline board can handle 500 or more foot of copper it could probably handle a 28 or 32oz sinker to get a rig off to the side of the boat instead of running one on a jug rig directly behind the boat and in the way. Just testing some thoughts thanks in advance

Would also like to know if anyone has ever heard of or used a sailfish spoon made in Canada I have a bunch of these laying around that I inherited from my uncle rick angle years ago who owned creek side bait&tackle in Montour but I have never gave them much of a chance do to being a skeptic of their design ( look like they would just spin in the water)

I have never seen a set green run off the boards,but I have seen a set green jug rig 150 feet behind the boat with the rod in the rocket launchers above the canvas. It was out of the way.

I've seen them run off big otter boards and the system for doing that was pretty unique and it worked great we ran 4 seth greens at a time off that boat but never an inline just wondered if one was good enough to hold that weight I troll out of a small boat otherwise I would pull a jug more. I'm looking to get out of running rigs and into the down rigger, dypsie, copper lead core thing but would like to have the old standbys available in a pinch

A 5 leader Seth Green rig can be run off BIG BOARDS depending on what you use as your main line (mine are SS wire so I don't do it) but if braid is used it can be done. The issue with inlines is that it is the amount of drag on the boards and especially if larger spoons or ones with a lot of action will sink the boards (even the TX44's). The drag weight (resistance) is substantially more than just the sinker and instead of just having one object horizontal behind you'd have 5 in the water column...very different principle than with just something at the end of one copper line. Whereas the jugs pull pretty much straight behind the boat (most of them) there is less resistance than the boards pulling all that weight to the SIDE. The bigger boards have enough pull to the outside (e.g. Otters) to pull it off.

Edited by Sk8man