Spring Brown Trout Question

I've read a lot on here about colored water and finding pockets of warmer water, and this leads me to my question. Can you find colored water and warmer pockets away from river and creek mouths? Randomly along the shore? Has anyone found pockets of fish in the spring in an area that really doesn't make sense as far as color and temp? I'm thinking that once the lake gets more crowed it would be nice to troll east or west to get away from the crowds but is this wasting my time if I'm not near a trib mouth? Are there certain shoreline features that might indicate one spot being better than others like a small point with shallower water that might warm quicker or anything like that. I appreciate any feed back! Sorry for the barrage of questions but i'd like to distance myself from the popular spots and still catch fish!!

Thanks Again 

Jeff

Edited by Jjwbny

Yes, any ditch entering the lake, sunny spots, power plant outflows, lake currents (debris fields).  Just keep looking at the surface temp on your graph as you troll and you will find the pockets of warm.  Use your eyes also as a flock of Terns diving will be a tell for a school of Emerald Shiners and Cohos nearby. 

Jeff - Although the colored water generally originates  from streams and stream mouths it disperses according to the wind and wave action often along the shoreline but again depending on wind direction etc. it may extend outward. Quite often there may be birds (e.g. gulls) and debris at the edge of it too which is something to look for out there. Usually working the edge of the color in and out and back and forth produces.  Water temps also change with the wind (e.g. mixing or pushing warmer water to the surface or outward or inward) and other factors such as run-off from streams as well. The shallower water near shore in the Spring generally warms first and the browns seem quite sensitive to even minor changes in temperature of a degree or two. Water temperature is a very important factor in Spring fishing and coloration is not just the "muddying" of the water it is also important to note where the color of the other water changes from dark to lighter as it may denote temperature changes that also involve changes in the density of the water affecting fish behavior in a manner like "penning" them within a barrier and this change at the edge of the color change can and should be exploited by trolling in an out of it. Again depending on wind and wave action this situation may appear away from stream mouths and in fact way away from them or out deep in the water.

Edited by Sk8man