Product review -----------MEGA Spoon Caddy

Sharkbait I bought 3 of them off e-bay (got 3 basically for the price of 2 :D ) They are nice except for two things... Split rings and lure size! If you notice in the "poster" none of the lures have split rings and the reason is they are very difficult to get into the foam that holds the lures because they fit very tight (non split ring lures go in great) and the lures if they are taller than what the box says you have to tilt them to the side a lot. The mag size Nk's won't fit them (I keep mine in tray boxes).

I still like mine though because your not digging through the trays and hooks that tangle.

This subject is something that I've been pondering for months now. I'm leaning towards purchasing a special mate as that seems to be the best solution..... but is it? Would love to hear the thoughts of others on not just spoon storage but what solutions work for flasher/dodger/spin doctor/smartfish storage. I hate having stuff laying all over the boat.

Dave

Agree with you Tom on the split rings. You gotta twist them a bit till they pop in.....but they do go. That's my biggest complaint by far....and the black clips fall off too easy.

I have to disagree on the Mag's though. The Mega fits Mag's fine on a slant, and I have one just for my Mag spoons. I like these boxes for my "go-to" spoons, but they are not the answer for the serious salmon fisherman with hundreds of spoons.

It seems guys either love em or hate em, but they definitely have their place!

Yes I agree they should make the box 2 inches deeper and the split ring issue is a factor it may not be the best box for the serious salmon angler with tons of mag spoons but for the average Joe walleye/trout fisherman I think this box will suit your needs just fine……

This subject is something that I've been pondering for months now. I'm leaning towards purchasing a special mate as that seems to be the best solution..... but is it? Would love to hear the thoughts of others on not just spoon storage but what solutions work for flasher/dodger/spin doctor/smartfish storage. I hate having stuff laying all over the boat.

Dave

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

can buy them here http://www.atommiktrollingflies.com/tourney.htm