Get a kicker. A blank canvas boat is the best you can ask for. Rig it exactly how you want. Who wants old fishing gear and settling for how someone else rigged the boat?

I'm with him ^ that's what I did and wouldn't have it any other way. I have been looking at newer boats but unrigged for a lot less moeny than rigged boats. Also consider if you buy a rigged boat sell off any/all gear and get what you want or need. Personally I love my 2 stroke and wouldn't trade it for a 4 stroke. I get about the same gas mileage while cruising and use a kicker for trolling. Don't rack up the hours on the main engine if possible it will save you more in the long run in maintenance and possibly a powerhead.

I bought a fully rigged 09 alumaweld intruder from this site last year. Being fully rigged with pro kicker & TRL1 all I had to due is add my electronics, downrigger weights and tackle and I was fishing. Use the site search tempest and be ready to run with money in hand to get what you want.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still in the market for a boat? I might have one that you would be interested in. It is a 2010 Crestliner 1800 super hawk. It has a 115 hp Mercury four stroke. It also has new electric 24 volt trolling motor installed last year, and a ship to shore radio. If your interested, let me know. I can send pictures and answer any questions you might have.