2016 - Year of the Eternal East Wind

WTH?

Just for grins, the Rochester bouy data for roughly the last 3 weeks.... the wind at noon on every day.....

The last week has been 100% with an East component. 

The last 3 weeks has been roughly 80%.

I can't imagine this is gonna help our fishing off Rochester....... 

Get it out of the system now! Early in the season, we get a lot of mid day lake breeze from the east/north east. The end of April and the beginning of May are focus for east winds.

Being we can't change which way the wind blows how do we go about catching fish on an east wind? I'm tired of getting my teeth kicked in most every time the wind is from the east. 

Does anyone have a strategy that even remotely works on an east wind? Or is it just a fore gone conclusion that fishing is gonna suck every time? 

Fish the shallows just west of a trib. 5 to 15 fow. Where there is a cove or gravel bar creating a natural barrier that collects the warmer trib water and holds some color. Use stealth, troll quiet, long lines and light line, planner boards. Be ready for kings on the prowl looking for emerging bait. Early morning, and evening low light. It's a small area and Too many boats or passes will kill it.

Or troll for lakers midday until it quiets down again.

Works for me!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app