We decided to head a little west of our home port of olcott this morning, hoping to find warmer water since the last week or so of never ending east winds. We launched at about 5:15 and found some 50 degree water out front but temp started dropping fast after 40 FOW. We setup heading Northwest in 80' and immediately hooked a laker on the port rigger while setting our third rod. We picked up a few more while heading out to deeper water trying to locate some kings. After awhile without any action and a blank screen we turned southwest in 185 FOW. Once we hit 115 FOW we found some more lakers. Still heading southwest, our port rigger fired again but this time she was screaming to Canada. My buddy had on some black and green Big Jon spoon and a feisty king smacked it. He ran out 125' of line on the first run. Almost as soon as we had him turned he came unbuttoned. Damn!! We picked away at the lakers for another hour or so but a breeze kicked up out of the east and seemed to shut things down. I saw a couple fish on the surface today and ran a stickbait for about an hour with no luck until I was pulling lines. As soon as I pulled the board off, I felt a fish grab the stickbait. Ended up being a nice skinny steelhead fresh out of the tribs. Great day on the water but man am I getting sick of the Lakers. post-149813-14622905445716_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the report King slammin-Bum deal on that king!! I hear you about the lakers ( we are so spoiled here!) I would have traded going to work today for another day of slimers if I had a choice though. I'm fishing 8 of 10 days of the LOC out of Wilson ( weather permitting) and will post-

I will also be out of Wilson for most of the next two weeks, maybe the kings will show up in some good numbers soon. If they dont ill go to laker town. The other option is to just have some beers at Jeans and keep the slime out of the boat hahaha.

Thanks for the report King slammin-Bum deal on that king!! I hear you about the lakers ( we are so spoiled here!) I would have traded going to work today for another day of slimers if I had a choice though. I'm fishing 8 of 10 days of the LOC out of Wilson ( weather permitting) and will post-

Good luck, buddy

Sent from my VS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app