Planer boards

Fished out of Hughs this am and saw guys running planer boards in really rough water. Wondering what make or style they are or what do you guys use in rough water for planers? I've got the kind with two boards and threaded rod and there is no way those babies would have survived.

Like Gambler said the Big John Otter Boats are probably what you saw. I'm on my second season with a set, and I have run them in 4-6' waves pulling 400-600' sections of copper. These boards can take a beating and when or if they dive or go through a wave a little slack and they will pop right up.

If you do purchase a pair your string should have 9" in front of the knot and 11" behind it.

You might want to take a look at Amish Outfitter Big boards, every charter captain on lake erie uses them and alot of Ontario guys run them as well. Frank Kitrick charters out of St Catherines and out of Lorain Ohio for walleye and steelhead, he has planer bungies and a slew of other neat boat/fishing related products and the best trolling bags on the market, I only use his stuff. www.amishoutfitters.com definetely worth a look.

Like any ski type boards, they can flip over in rough seas and cause a real mess. If you have ever had it happen to you, you know what I'm talking about. The Otter Boats can not flip over and cut to the wrong side of the boat.