Should have stayed home

Wasnt going to fish today but the wind looked nice so I launched out of Fort Niagara to fish for bass, bad idea. People all over the docks, swimming in the boat launch. They had this military thing going on that was pretty cool except for the Huey helicopter flying over every five minutes. Like I could feet the wind from the rotors. Whatever, I get out there and am probably 100 feet off the fort just letting the wind push me along, look over my shoulder and theres a sailboat headed straight at me so I jump down a start the motor and jam it in reverse to get out of the way. Guy went between me and the fort for some reason, guy gave me a nod as he passed 10 feet off the bow. Decided to head up river and the whole way there were people on jet skis jumping my wake. Get to the spot I wanna try and the jet skis are zipping around still, wind picked up and I cant drift right so I said screw it im done. Head back to the launch and the jet skis are in my wake again. Spent maybe an hour on the water. Not a happy man today hopefully venting a little bit will help. If not ill have to go get some IPAs  :)

Look at it this way, my boat is still winterized and wont see water till late june due to work,  If your boat ran good, sun was shining and catching fish is optional, you had a great day,        I mowed lawn...

tight lines.. Rick

Look at it this way, my boat is still winterized and wont see water till late june due to work,  If your boat ran good, sun was shining and catching fish is optional, you had a great day,        I mowed lawn...

tight lines.. Rick

you had the same kind of day I did although I did tear the shrink wrap off my islander and parked it in the driveway but that is as far as I got

Yeah, mine still sits in the same spot from last September. Haven't even got the trailer licensed either. By the sounds of the crickets (fantastic fish reports), not much to get excited about. So I'm out here on the big road, in my big truck, slowing up all the recreational activities on Memorial day weekend, with my big, fat, slow, overloaded 18 wheeled sled, delivering all those fine fishing magazines for couch fishermen, and of course...

Victoria's Secret Lures...[emoji160] [emoji175]

The ones for when the fishing is frustrating, and when ya shoulda stayed home and got [emoji256]

[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's like that on every body of water across the country, it's the official start of summer and every swinging D-ck that owns anything that pertains to water is out there on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, it's been like that ever since I can remember. From here on in till the end of summer the lake will have more traffic between the rag boats and the weekend worriers, as guys plan their vacation days so they can fish LadyO.

I try to stay away from the launches on Memorial Day. Unless I'm in the mood for a lot of laughs. Saw a guy with his new 21 bow rider try to pull the boat sideways onto the trailer. It got hung up halfway on and it took about 20 people to get it back off meanwhile a whole pack of boats circled in front of the launch waiting for the show to be over. Another favorite trick on holidays is for someone to pull up and back down the launch. Just as you are pulling up to the dock to recover. Got to love it. Learning experience