Seneca lake becoming salt water?

Not the wineries fault people drink and drive... that's their decision, if they pull out in front me me because they are plastered, thats their choice. I believe the state police and locals do a good job ensuring safe roads. Those roads are just busy and accidents haopen

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2.... I first started traveling to the finger lakes region specifically because of the wineries/breweries and then fell in love with the area.  I only happened to start fishing it 2 years ago when I changed boats because I enjoyed the area and wanted to spend time fishing there when I took my wife for a wine trip.  alcohol doesn't kill people, guns don't kill people, people kill themselves or other people because of reckless choices.  I have no doubt winery chemicals and road salt have some effect on the region but I believe it is negligible.  Your talking about a huge body of water (I have no idea how many gallons) and very small amount of foreign substances being introduced to that lake. You also have to take into consideration the natural components of the land and water that help filter these substances.  Its an interesting subject but one that's well beyond my scope of knowledge.  

Jim

One more thing and then I'm done commenting on this subject.  This isn't the first time I have heard people reference these so called "studies" that in most cases are unfounded.  You can't tell me that if we have these posts referencing this specific topic here that someone at a much higher level hasn't already looked at the impacts on the water system.  There's a new winery or brewery being built or opened multiple times a year through the region and they wouldn't get their permits if the powers to be thought there would be a serious impact to the lakes.  Also, lets not forget the many businesses that benefit from the introduction and proliferation of the wineries.  I can only assume but would suspect that Nick has seen in increase in his charters as well as the increased business of others owning gas stations, butcher shops, bait shops, grocery stores, golf courses etc....  On a funnier note, I guess I have to add a profile pic! hah

Jim

Edited by jimalbert