Tordedo weighted 19 strand wire.

I have been considering switching from copper to the weighted 19 strand wire but,what held me back is the length of the wire being sold. ( Only 200 and 300 foot reels)

So yesterday I called Matthew in New London,Ontario and asked him if they can sell 400 or 500 foot reels. He said,no problem and then he continued by telling me that if the reel has regular 19 strand backing you can let that out as far as you want and the overall sinking rate will be the same as the weighted wire. How is this possible?

Edited by rolmops

Must be a weight to drag ratio allows for some additional sinking. I would be skeptical of much beyond an additional 20' of depth gain at traditional salmon trolling speeds

Knowing how much your speed affects the depth with copper and lead I would be interested in seeing how much the weighted steel and 19 wire are affected. It would be nice if Matthew could develop a depth chart for various trolling speeds and lengths

I'm looking forward to trying the new Torpedo weighted line this year.  I tend to break my coppers multiple times throughout the season, so once that happens, I'll probably give this a go.  Looking forward to hearing other's results with it...