Scotty Downrigger Service

Just wanted to relate a good experience.  I've been using Scotty downriggers for about 12 yrs.  My current set are 6 yrs old.  They are guaranteed (to the original buyer) for life.  I registered them when I bought them.  I have never had anything fail.  Recently one of the counters bound and couldn't be freed up.  I knew it would be covered but I feared I would need to send the downrigger to the factory.  That would not be practical costwise since I could buy the part online for $25.  I hoped they would agree to just sending the counter.  I called their 800 number in Sidney, BS, Canada and explained my problem.  The gentleman asked for my name, checked my registration on their computer and said.... "we'll put one in the mail to you today".  I like to do business with people like that, and told them so.

I will only use scotties for this reason, you call talk to a person and it seems like they personally put it in the mail. 2 weeks ago I broke a clutch plate and lost a couple pads when I was diagnosing on the water called from the lake and the lady told me what I needed and over nighted the parts.

Edited by Buckmaster7600

On my 10 year old Scotty 1116 riggers the plastic lens on the counters had turned so dark yellow from the sun that you could barely read the numbers.

After reading LZ's post I called Scotty to see if they had replacement lenses for the counters.  Unfortunately the lens is not available by itself so you have to replace the whole counter assembly.  Scotty is sending me 4 new counters today, no charge.  That's fantastic customer service.

Thanks Scotty !

On my 10 year old Scotty 1116 riggers the plastic lens on the counters had turned so dark yellow from the sun that you could barely read the numbers.

After reading LZ's post I called Scotty to see if they had replacement lenses for the counters. Unfortunately the lens is not available by itself so you have to replace the whole counter assembly. Scotty is sending me 4 new counters today, no charge. That's fantastic customer service.

Thanks Scotty !

I have the same issue with my lenses. I'm not the original owner of these 1116 models. I might try them for a set of new ones, just to see...what was the customer service number you guys called?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app