Sandy 7/5/08 w/ another rare catch

Started the morning in 120 off the creek. Hit a king right away off the 400' copper about 14 lbs. Next was a quadruple with 2 coming on the same rod (18 lb. king and a 6 lb. steelie). Ended our day 17 for 20 by 10 am, if you count the 28' sailboat that cut us off, came around the side of the boat, pinned us between another sailboat and caught the plainer board line. We had 1 laker, 3 steelies and 12 kings. 9 of the kings were 14lbs. - 22 lbs. Most of our fish can on NBK, Wonderbread and the Live Wire Spin Doctor with a green hammer fly down 60' - 80'. Ended up losing 1 rod, broke the handle off of the plainer board reel (trying to cut the line it hit my wrist and broke off), and some releases. I got my Otter boat back after the guy cut the plainer board line off his prop shaft. Thank god I only suffered a really bruised wrist and arm. The guy in the sailboat was running a course on his autopilot from weigh point to weigh point without a look out. He was alone on the boat and working on his sail under power doing about 15 mph with his back to the bow.

Thats a good reason to carry a paintball gun on board. Get that pretty little sail boat dirty and he will remember it the next time he is out.

I had a uncle that used to throw fruit at the boats that got too close. If people would come up to him to complain, he would say: " If I can hit your boat with an apple you are too damn close, back off!" He is a crazy Italian and a great guy.