24' Bayliner For Sale Project Boat

fishthief

SOLD SOLD SOLD

This boat suffered an explosion from gas fumes but is salvageable includes Trailer. Engine is Chevy 350 has some electrical wiring melted but reparable I have all paperwork. First $1500.00 takes it. Located in Olcott NY call or text me at 850-499-5482

9fc666d8c8f10fd53ed81cf45afb998b.jpg8cedb55876b891f7d2a80f2d3679bddf.jpg931c614f30e943ab68646daa3cb99007.jpgb202cd45eb95c0f7d4a1e6ee040a5439.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by fishthief

Did you ever determine the cause of explosion? Scary.

This is why I replaced my noisy bilge blower before running my "new to me" boat. I would guess that this explosion was caused by improper fueling with the boat in the water and/or not running the blower or allowing the engine compartment to ventilate before starting the motor. I always raise my engine cover AND run my blower before I start my engine. I also keep the blower running a few minutes after starting the engine or until I am under way. I trailer my boat and I always top off the fuel tank after each fishing trip at a gas station. I've been on a 53ft fiberglass boat in Texas when the diesel generator caught on fire and it wasn't any fun. It was an electrical problem, but the generator was in the engine room between two main Detroit diesels. It was scary!

There were injuries.  They mercy flighted someone.  Google boat blows up in Olcott and you should be able to find the story.  Vague details.  I was hoping they determined the cause so others could learn from it. It happened June 24th this year.

Edited by Gill-T